Overview of Iowa law, statistics, legislation, and news stories related to Safe Haven Baby Boxes.
- Section 233.1 – 233.6 (baby box provisions effective July 1, 2023)
New law enacted in 2023 is effective July 1, 2023.
- HF425 – Amends the Iowa Safe Haven law to allow a “newborn safety device” (baby box) to be installed at state-approved Safe Haven locations for the anonymous relinquishment of infants up to 90 days of age. Passed. Effective July 1, 2023
- A Safe Haven: Fort Dodge to have first “baby box” in Iowa, Fort Dodge Messenger, May 19, 2023
- Governor signs Baby Box” bill, Fort Dodge Messenger June 2, 2023
- Behind the scenes preview of Fort Dodge Safe Haven baby box, WHO-TV, September 27, 2023
- First Safe Haven Baby Box in the state installed in Fort Dodge, KCII-TV, October 10, 2023
- A “blessing” for Fort Dodge,Fort Dodge Messenger, October 15, 2023
- Safe Haven Baby Box is a product of vision, volunteer effort, Fort Dodge Messenger, October 15, 2023
Updated October 15, 2023