Overview of Wisconsin law, statistics, legislation, and news stories related to Safe Haven Baby Boxes.
No law has been enacted to authorize installation of baby boxes in Wisconsin. A bill has been introduced by Rep Schutt and Sen Ballweg, but it is not yet online.
No baby boxes have been installed in Wisconsin.
- SB369/AB369: Expands the state’s current Safe Haven law to permit municipalities to install baby boxes at hospitals, fire stations, and law enforcement agency buildings.
No hearings/testimony/letters to date.
News and Commentary
- Council member fights to bring Safe Haven Baby Box to Chippewa Falls, LaCross Tribune, March 15 2023
- Chippewa Falls city council approves “Safe Haven ” ordinance, LaCross Tribune, April 24, 2023
- Rep Schutt: Introduces legislation to enhance Safe Haven law, WISPolitics, June 28, 2023
- Schutt continues push for expansion of safe haven laws, WCLO-AM, August 7, 2023
- Kitchens co-authors safe haven baby box bill, Door County Daily News, October 30, 2023
- Rep Schutt: Safe Haven “baby box” bills heads to the Governor,WisPoitics, November 14, 2023
- Safe Haven Baby Boxes could be coming to Wisconsin, WSAW-TV, April 15, 2019
- Safe Haven Baby Boxes could come to Wisconsin, WAOW-TV, April 16, 2019
Updated: November 14,023