Overview of Pennsylvania law, statistics, legislation, and news stories related to Safe Haven Baby Boxes.
- Title 23 PA CSA Domestic Relations, 6504.3
- The state has developed no regulations for the use of baby boxes, but at least two hospitals have designated areas where a baby may be left anonymously.
Baby Boxes: 1
- SB257: Amends Pennsylvania State Haven law to include Urgent Care centers to traditional SH drop-off points; amends law to include under-staffed or unstaffed Urgent Care Centers to install baby boxes f 911 call system is in place. Pending.
- PN2802 Authorizes a hospital, police station, or other entity employing or otherwise providing access to an emergency services provider to provide voluntarily an incubator for the care of a newborn. Signed by Governor: December 22, 2017. Effective date: December 22, 2017.
None to date.
News & Commentary
- Safe Haven Baby Box unveiled in Lancaster General Hospital. Lancaster online,l January 4, 2023
- Senate passes Brooks’ bill to improve newborn safety, Meadville Tribune, April 26, 2023
- Pastor Gernovich looks to install baby box, Corry Journal, November 17, 2023
What’s Up with Pennsylvania? No Safe Haven Baby Boxes, Daily Bastardette, June 22, 2021
Updated November 19, 2023,