An overview of Oklahoma law, statistics, legislation, and news stories related to Safe Haven Baby Boxes in the state.
- 10A O.S. Sec. 1-2-109 (click Statute 10A to reach law)
Baby Boxes: 0
Although authorized by recent state law, no baby boxes have been installed to date in Oklahoma.
- HB 1047: Increases the age that an infant can be delivered to a safe haven location or placed in a “newborn safety device (baby box) at a location from 30 days to 60 days. (OK legislature page is temporarily down. See LegScan for bill)
- SB690 – Amends state’s Safe Haven Law to authorize the use of newborn safety devices located at hospitals, other medical service providers, fire stations, police stations, and child protective services Passed. Signed by Governor, April 27, 2021. Effective immediately.
- Oklahoma SB 960 Safe Haven Baby Boxes: Please vote DO NOT PASS. Personal letter to OK House Rules Committee, by Marley Greiner, March 22, 2021
- Oklahomans for Open Records and Adoption Honesty Opposes Safe Haven Baby Boxes, March 22, 2021
News and Commentary
- Oklahoma’s first Safe Haven Baby Box coming in 2023, Fox23, November 16, 2022
- Safe Haven Baby Boxes Coming to Oklahoma!, SSHBBN, November 17, 2022
Updated: January 1`5, 2023