Overview of Missouri law, statistics, legislation, and news stories related to Safe Haven Baby Boxes in the state.
- No law has been enacted to authorize installation of baby boxes
No baby boxes have been installed in Missouri.
- HB76 – Amends state Safe Haven Law to authorize use of newborn safety device at hospitals, fire stations, maternity homes, and “pregnancy resource centers. ” House 151-0-2; sent to Senate. Sine Die.
2020 (link not available)
- Amends state’s Safe Haven Law to authorize use of newborn safe devices. Sine Die
2016 (link not available)
- HB 1224: Amends state’s Safe Haven Law to authorize use of newborn safety devices.Sine Die
None to date.
News and Commentary
- Proposal seeks to change Safe Place for Newborns Law in Missouri, KY3-TV, March 10, 2021
- Among the legislation proposed this year was Murphy’s idea for “baby boxes,” South St. Louis County Call, May 19, 2020
- More good news out of Missouri . . . Baby Box bill dies, Daily Bastardette, May 23, 2020