Overview of Missouri law, statistics, legislation, and news stories related to Safe Haven Baby Boxes in the state.
Baby Boxes: 1
- HB432 – Amends the Missouri Safe Place for Newborns Act of 2002 to authorize installation of “newborn safety incubators.” Enacted into law and effective August 28, 2021.
- HB76 – Amends state Safe Haven Law to authorize use of newborn safety device at hospitals, fire stations, maternity homes, and “pregnancy resource centers. ” House 151-0-2; sent to Senate. Sine Die.
2020 (link not available)
- Amends state’s Safe Haven Law to authorize use of newborn safe devices. Sine Die
2016 (link not available)
- HB 1224: Amends state’s Safe Haven Law to authorize use of newborn safety devices.Sine Die
None to date.
News and Commentary
- Missouri’s first “Safe Haven” baby box coming to the St Louis area, KTVI-TV, July 25, 2023
- Dedication of first Safe Haven Baby Box in Missouri, KTVL-TV, August 9, 2023
- South St. Louis County fire station receives first Safe Haven Baby Box in Missouri, St, Louis Public Radio, August 8, 2023
- State’s first “baby box” insalled At Mehlville Fire Engine house in Oakville, Call Newspapers, August 16, 2023
- No One Can Sanitize a Safe Haven Box Transaction Like Missouri Rep. Jim Murphy, SSHBBN, August 19, 2023
- Safe Haven Baby Box possibe install at new Jopin Fire Station No 7, KOAM-TV, November 7, 2023
- Proposal seeks to change Safe Place for Newborns Law in Missouri, KY3-TV, March 10, 2021
- Among the legislation proposed this year was Murphy’s idea for “baby boxes,” South St. Louis County Call, May 19, 2020
- More good news out of Missouri . . . Baby Box bill dies, Daily Bastardette, May 23, 2020
Updated November 8, 2023